There’s a dog who has brought joy to our family for over 8 years. Some of you will remember Zoe as the creative wake-up artist in the early musings on my Facebook wall. We’ve learned several lessons from this fluffy white princess:
- It’s more fun if you hang around where people are.
- You can get away with a lot if you know how to make a cute face.
- When you do something good, you deserve a treat.
- If you stick your head out the window, you’ll take in a lot more of the scenery and smells.
- Laying out in the sun and doing nothing is a fine use of time.
- In-N-Out burgers are tasty but you shouldn’t eat them all the time.
- Running around naked after a bath is fun and dries you off faster.
- Don’t eat weird stuff.
- If your house is being approached by a stranger, you have a right to defend yourself.
- If you want someone to wake up and play, it’s OK to poke their arm.
- Even if you are fully capable of walking, it’s nice to be carried sometimes.
Why share this now? Our sweet little Zoe just left this world for the next. She went peacefully, without pain, and is now smiling and wagging her tail in a grassy park filled with endless treats, chin scratches and tummy rubs. We are grateful for what we learned from her, and celebrate the legacy she left behind. We love you too, Zoe.
Want to share what you’ve learned from your animals?