I wrote a letter to my future self on New Year’s Eve, 2011, essentially laying out my goals for this year. Since it is half way through 2012, let’s take a look at what I projected and what’s yet to be done. Publishing my goals has been my key to accountability. How am I doing?
- Feb. 15 – Reach and maintain 163 weight – Done.
- Feb. 18 – Climb La Cumbre Peak with son Evan – Rescheduled to July 13 and climbing Cathedral Peak instead.
- Mar. 11 – Run Shamrock’n Sacramento Half Marathon under 2 hours – Rescheduled to July 29 in San Francisco Half. Training times are on track.
- May 6 – Finish Delta Century 100-mile bike ride – Done in 7.5 hours.
- Oct. 7 – Run Chicago Marathon under 5 hours with brothers Jeff and Brad – Planning to run/walk and celebrate my brother being a cancer survivor for 2 years now!
- Raise $4000 for MMRF from book sales – $700 in proceeds so far, need to step it up.
- Achieve excellent performance rating in my job at Cisco – Done.
- Give 4 motivational speeches to non-profit organizations – I’ve performed the keynote draft at Toastmasters. One speech is scheduled for Chicago Marathon volunteers in October. Contact me if you are interested in scheduling me as a speaker for your organization.
I’ve had to make a lot of changes due to life getting in the way, but I’m still making progress. For me… making adjustments is fine. Giving up is not.